Pages

Saturday 24 August 2013

Tate St Ives & OOTN

 


 ...
 

 
Dress - Topshop, Hat - H&M, Necklace - H&M, Shoes - Forever 21, Bag - Primark
 
Another collection of photos from my holiday, this time when we went to Tate St Ives gallery and had a day on the beach. Tate St Ives had some really interesting work, most very minimalist but one artist that I particularly liked was Patrick Heron who focused on colour & designed prints for silk scarves. I found it amazing how at 14 he designed his first scarf which had the same design in two different colour schemes on each half so that it could be worn in S/S aswell as A/W, which showed his great understanding of colour & design at such a young age.
 
Whilst at the gallery we stopped in the cafe upstairs and the views of St Ives were really beautiful, so I had to take a few pictures :-) I can't help thinking that the pictures of the roofs & chimneys looked like the architecture an artist called Egon Schiele would have painted, and who's work I studied in Y10 for art - one of my favourite artists :-)
 
Here's my OOTD, and surprise suprise it's monochrome haha. I really can't get enough of my hat at the moment, I wanted a bowler/pork pie hat for absolutley ages but I just couldnt justify spending £25 on one from Topshop or Urban Outfitters, so when I found this one in H&M for only £7.99 I really had to have it. I think it's the perfect finishing touch & adds a slight quirkiness to any outfit.
 
Hope you like the look,
 
Em x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment