Thursday, 11 June 2015

Final Toile

Here are photos of my final toile. I made another petal this time using lighter and thinner wire but I still wasn't happy with the size and how the petal still drooped. So I then sketched another petal pattern and compared it to the one sewn onto my garment - I finally came to a decision that the petal needed to be smaller than the one I'd just made so I drafted a final pattern. I also used a white netting for the insert which I think looked a lot nicer than the organza I'd used in my first toile.
After finishing my final toile I decided I wanted the silhouette of the skirt to be a lot more fitted, so I took in the side seams in and altered the patterns, adding a vent for ease of movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment